Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
The bacon adds extra flavour to the stuffing mixture, but you may omit it and replace with a tablespoon of olive oil, if preferred.
- 1 slice streaky bacon diced
- 10 grams butter
- 8 shallots minced
- 4 large portobello mushrooms stalks removed & finely chopped, caps clean and patted dry
- 40 grams sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- freshly black pepper to taste
- lemon wedges to serve
- chopped parsley or basil to serve
- In a pan, add bacon and butter, saute until the oil from the bacon is rendered.
- Add shallots, chopped mushroom stalk and half of the sundried tomatoes, stir fry or saute until shallots are softened. Season with a small pinch of salt. Set aside the stuffing mixture.
- Brush outer mushroom caps with half of the olive oil. Place mushrooms, cap side down, on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Divide and top mushrooms with stuffing mixture, a layer of cheese and topped with the remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Season with black pepper. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Baked in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked. Garnish with parsley or basil, and serve with lemon wedges at the side.