Stir-fry Snow Peas with Prawns
Filed Under: Chinese Recipes Recipes Stir Frying Under 30 Minutes
Stir-fry Snow Peas with Shrimps Recipe
Once the snow peas are added to the wok, stir-fry quickly so that they are vibrant and crisp after cooking. For variations, you can substitute the prawns with chicken, pork or tofu.
- 12-16 small prawns (shrimps) deshelled & deveined
- 1 packet (150g) snow peas (荷兰豆)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 thinly sliced ginger julienned or minced
- 1 tbsp Hua Tiao/ Shaoxing Chinese wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- small pinch of sea salt (or mushroom seasoning powder) to taste
- 2 dashes of white pepper powder to taste
- Prepare snow peas by pulling & discarding the “strings” at the sides, then trimming the ends.
- Cook the dish. Heat oil in a wokpan. Stir fry garlic and ginger briskly until fragrant. Add prawns and cook until they turn almost opaque. Add prepared snow peas and stir-fry on high heat, until the snow peas are & prawns are just cooked, about 1 minute. Add sesame oil and drizzle Chinese wine along sides of the wall, during the last 20 seconds of cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
Pages: 1 2
The prawns look so succulent and those snow peas so fresh and tender! A great combo of flavours.
I love all your homely dishes! And totally with you on being 原汁原味 :D