Stir-fry Asparagus & Roast Pork
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Asparagus & Roast Pork Recipe
In this recipe, thin asparagus are used. If using thick asparagus, check out this detailed tutorial on how to prep asparagus prior to adding to the wok, so that their inherent woody texture is eliminated.
For a meatless version, replace roast pork with fried bean curd (tau kwa) cubes and adjust the seasonings (add some fish sauce for example) accordingly.
- 400 grams thin asparagus
- 150g roast pork home-made or bought from the deli; to thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 finger-length red chilli de-seeded and sliced to thin strips
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water add more if needed
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- Prep asparagus. Trim and discard the bottom ends (about 5 cm or 2 inches) of the asparagus. Optional: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the outer skin on the bottom half of each remaining stalk, to remove the woody texture. Slice prepped asparagus to uniform short lengths.
- Cook garlic and ham. Heat oil in a wokpan. Cook garlic and roast pork. Stir fry until the garlic just turned a light shade of golden.
- Cook asparagus and serve. Add prepped asparagus and seasonings (A). Stir fry everything quickly for 1 minute, then cover with lid and simmer for another minute before serving.