Stir-fried Asparagus in XO Sauce
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Asparagus in XO Sauce Recipe
You may substitute thick asparagus used in this recipe with 200 grams of thin asparagus. It is not needed to blanch thin asparagus prior to stir-frying.
- 6 (200 grams) thick asparagus spears
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 heaped tbsp xo sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- Prep asparagus by trimming and discarding the lower ends of each spear. Using a vegetable peeler, shave and discard the outer skin of the stalk. Read this detailed tutorial for more information. Slice prepped asparagus diagonally to 1 cm section.
- Blanch asparagus spears in a boiling pot of water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside. Combine (A) in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic and xo sauce for a few seconds until well-mixed and fragrant.
- Add blanched asparagus and (A). Stir-fry briskly until everything is cooked and well mixed.