Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Steamed Chicken with Salted Fish Recipe
Besides Hua Tiao/Shao Hsing wine, you can also experiment with other types of hard liquor such as D.O.M, X.O or Brandy. If you don’t have black fungus, you can use other types of mushrooms or even fresh ones.
- 1/2 chicken cut to small pieces
- 3 slices ginger sliced thinly
- a small handful of dried black fungus soaked in hot water, drained and cut to strips
- 20g dried salted fish* diced
* note about salted fish: For best results, fry the diced salted fish in some oil or roast them in the oven, until they become golden brown and crispy.
- Combine chicken with marinade (A) in a deep plate. Refrigerate covered for at least an hour if possible.
- Scatter sliced ginger, cut fungus and diced salted fish over the chicken.
- Steam at high heat for about 30-40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Drizzle some soup over the chicken and serve with white rice.