Steamed Chicken with D.O.M Liquor
Steamed D.O.M Chicken Recipe
Use more D.O.M liquor for a stronger liquor flavour, if preferred, and vice versa.
For more soup, you can double up the D.O.M and plain water in the recipe.
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms caps soaked in hot water until softened & squeeze out excess water
- 4 pitted red dates
- 3 garlic cloves don’t peel or mash them
- 1 tsp wolfberries
- 5 tbsp water
- sea salt to taste
- 4 (350 grams) chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp D.O.M Benedictine liquor (法国廊酒)
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- coriander leaves
- Marinade chicken. Combine (A) to marinade for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Steam the chicken and serve. After marinating, transfer (A) to a deep steaming plate. Add the rest of the ingredients (mushrooms, red dates, garlic, wolfberries and water). Steam at high heat for 40 minutes. Season to taste with salt, only if needed. To serve, baste the chicken with the D.O.M soup and garnish with coriander.
Noob Cook Tips
- If you prefer the dish to be double-boiled instead of steamed, place the contents in a double boiler pot and filled the outer pot with water (not covering more than half of the inner pot).
- You can also use two chicken thigh instead of four drumsticks, and steam for 40-50 minutes. To test if the chicken is cooked, insert a fork in the thigh. If clear liquid (no blood) runs out, it is cooked.
Adapted from: Double-Boiled D.O.M Chicken Recipe at Cooking Crave.
Pages: 1 2
Love your recipes! Can i check if possible to just boil over stove like stew instead of steaming? Will it have same effect?
steaming or double-boiling will have a better effect for such tonic soups, but you can simmer too if preferred. You also probably need more D.O.M and water to taste.
What can I use to substitute for the DOM Benedictine Liquor if I don’t have it?
You can steam it with chicken essence too: https://noobcook.com/steamed-chicken-in-chicken-essence/