Steamed Chicken in Chicken Essence
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chicken Recipes Chinese Recipes Popular Recipes Recipes Steaming Step-by-Step Recipes
Steamed Chicken in Chicken Essence Recipe
You can use any favourite brand of essence of chicken. For best results, marinade the chicken in the sauce overnight in the fridge.
- 300 grams (around four) chicken drumsticks
- 4 dried shiitake mushrooms caps soaked in hot water until softened & squeeze out excess water
- 2 x 68ml bottled “essence of chicken/鸡精” original flavour preferred
- 2 pitted red dates
- 3 garlic cloves don’t peel or mash them
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine (Shaoxing/Hua Diao)
- 1/2 tsp wolfberries
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- Combine (A) to marinade for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Transfer contents to a deep steaming plate. Steam at high heat for 40 minutes. Season the chicken essence broth with more salt to taste, only if needed. To serve, baste the chicken with the chicken essence soup and garnish with coriander.
Pages: 1 2
The chicken thighs look really juicy and tender´!
I never really like bottled chicken essence. Just had it once,I think? when I was a kid. I wonder if bottled chicken essence still taste the same.
Personally I don’t like the taste of brands chicken essence and can’t stand drinking it out of the bottle. But when I cook it this way I find it pretty nice and I’m able to drink it!
Is is suitable for kids 4yo n 6yo?
I’m sorry I’m not qualified to answer that. Maybe you can consult your elders or a doctor about the suitability.
Can I cook this using rice cooker?
Definitely yes, if your rice cooker is big enough to accommodate the plate.
must add shaoxing wine? can replace or remove it for other seasonings?cooking for kkds
You can omit it without substitution.