Spinach Pesto Pasta
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Spinach Pesto Recipe
This is the basic recipe for spinach pesto pasta. You can add cherry tomatoes, chicken, olives or seafood to your liking.
- 180 grams of spaghetti or favourite pasta
- 1 tbsp sea salt
(A) Spinach Pesto
- 60 grams frozen spinach thawed, squeezed dry
- 30 grams grated parmesan cheese (Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 15 grams pine nuts toasted in a dry pan
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest optional
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice optional
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil & a little more as needed
- 1/8 tsp sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Blend (A) in a food processor to a smooth paste. If the pesto becomes too thick, add a little more olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Click here for the detailed recipe, with tips on how to keep the pesto if you are making ahead of time.
- Bring a pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt to boil. Cook spaghetti until al dente (firm with a bite; usually minus about 2 minutes from package recommended timing). Drain pasta and reserve a cup of starchy pasta water.
- In a large bowl, toss the drained hot pasta with the pesto, adding a little pasta water at a time until saucy.