Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
The prawn heads and shells can be frozen to make prawn or seafood stock.
The sauce is flavourful to the last drop – soak it up with some bread or pasta.
- 500 grams large prawns (shrimps)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 grams butter
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes to taste
- 1 glass dry white wine
- zest of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice to taste
- a small handful fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Remove the shells and veins from the prawns.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and butter. Add garlic and chilli flakes. At the first sight of the garlic changing colour, add the prawns to occupy one layer in the saucepan. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes, then turn them over with tongs to cook for another 2 minutes (cooking time may vary according to the size of your prawns). Take out the prawns and set them aside on a plate.
- Deglaze the pan by adding white wine. Bring it to a boil, then stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Return the prawns to the pan and mix them evenly in the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the dish on its own, with bread, or over cooked linguine.