Sambal Long Beans
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Hot & Spicy Recipes Salads & Vegetables Singapore & Malaysia Recipes Stir Frying
Sambal Long Beans Recipe
Belacan is pungent smelling. Open your windows and remove all laundry (if you have them in the kitchen) when you’re making this dish.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp sambal belachan (either home made or store bought)
- 2 tbsp water
- 200g long bean, ends trimmed and cut to 5 cm (2 inch) length
- salt to taste
(A) Dried shrimps paste
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps soaked in water until softened
- 5 shallots peeled
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- Finely chop or pulse (A) in electric grinder for a few seconds.
- Heat oil in wok. Add (A) and sambal belacan. Stir fry briefly until you can smell the aroma.
- Add long beans and water. Stir fry for a few minutes and mix well, until the water has evaporated and the long beans are well coated in the sambal sauce.
- Season with salt with needed. I did not add salt because my home made sambal belachan is already nicely salted. Serve with steamed rice.
Pages: 1 2
Pingback: Fried Bee Hoon Recipe | Fried Vermicelli Recipe