Sacha Meat Sauce Noodles Lunch Box
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sacha Sauce Noodles with Meat Sauce Lunch Box Recipe
Check out this step-by-step recipe for shallot sauce minced pork – it can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days as part of meal prepping. When making this lunch box, scoop out the amount of meat required, reheat on the microwave or stove, and let the sauce cool down to room temperature before closing the lunch box.
- shallot sauce minced pork pre-cooked; use about 2 ladles of sauce per pax serving
- cooked broccoli florets pre-cooked; see cooking note below
- 1 boiled egg (pre-cooked; click here for ramen egg recipe)
- chopped spring onions
Sacha Sauce Noodles
Measurements are for 1 pax (lunch box), make more according to number of servings required
- 1 bundle (90g) dried “yang chun” noodles (阳春面) may substitute with any noodles such as ramen, angel hair or udon
(A) Seasonings for Sacha Sauce Noodles
- 1 level tbsp shacha sauce
- 1 tsp clear rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp garlic oil, shallot oil or lard oil (can substitute with sesame oil)
For the Lunch Box
- cooked broccoli florets see cooking note below
- boiled egg (pre-cooked; click here for ramen egg recipe)
- chopped spring onions
- Make sacha sauce noodles. Make the quick sauce by combining (A) in the large bowl; stir to mix evenly with a spatula. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain noodles in a colander and rinse it through tap water to cool. Toss the drained noodles in the prepared sauce until evenly mixed. Season to taste.
- Assemble Lunch Box. In each lunch box, place sacha sauce sauce noodles along with a generous serving (roughly two ladles) of shallot sauce minced pork over the noodles. Garnish with egg, broccoli and chopped spring onions. Optional: Prepare a mini dressing bottle containing 20ml of sauce from the pot of cooked shallot sauce meat + some sesame oil.
- Storing & Reheating Tips. This lunch box can keep at room temperature for half a day. For maximum freshness, keep the lunch box in the fridge or a cooler bag with an ice pack. When ready to eat, drizzle the bottled sauce over the noodles and mix well. Sprinkle some water over the noodles if you are reheating the noodles in the microwave.
- I’m using Ikea’s microwave-safe 750ml 365+ lunch box, without the inner compartments.
- Cook broccoli florets by boiling for 2 1/2 minutes or steaming for 3 minutes. Drain the broccoli and cool down under running water.
- As an alternative to broccoli, you can use any greens such as blanched boy choy or shredded cucumber.