Rotisserie Chicken Salad
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Rotisserie Chicken Salad Recipe
This recipe makes just enough salad dressing for one serving. To make a bigger batch of orange vinaigrette salad dressing for meal prep, check out this recipe.
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast shredded by hand; de-boned & skin removed; about 100g after prep
- half bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- 80g chopped romaine lettuce spin dry after washing
- 3 red cabbage leaves thinly sliced
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
Herbed Orange Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
click here to make a bigger batch for meal prep
- 2 tbsp pure orange juice freshly squeeze or store-bought
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar (or apple cider) to taste
- 5 drops lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp honey or agave/maple syrup to taste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs (such as Italian seasoning) or 1 tsp freshly chopped herbs (such as dill)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- tiny pinch of sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Make herbed orange vinaigrette. Either whisk all the vinaigrette dressing ingredients in a bowl, or add them in a glass jar, cover and shake until combined. Season to taste.
- Assemble the salad and serve. Add romaine lettuce to a large salad bowl. Top the salad with shredded chicken and the rest of the salad ingredients, along with herbed orange vinaigrette at the side. To serve, pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.