Roasted Chicken Thighs & Vegetables
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Roasted Chicken Thighs & Vegetables Recipe
You can soak up the saucy juices collected in the pan with bread, macaroni or quinoa.
(A) Roasted Vegetables
- half zucchini halved lengthwise & cut thinly to half moon slices
- 2 baby potatoes scrubbed clean and quartered
- 1 bell pepper (capsicum) cored and cut to wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves slightly bruised
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt or fine sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Roast Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in & skin-on
- 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 grams butter melted
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt or fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning or use a mixture of dried herbs such as rosemary, thyme and oregano
- lemon wedges
- Vegetables. Toss to coat (A) evenly in olive oil, salt and black pepper. Arrange the vegetables one layer at bottom of roasting pan.
- Chicken. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel. Place them skin side up on the vegetables, tucking in the bell pepper pieces beneath the chicken to prevent burning. Brush chicken skin with olive oil & melted butter, then rub salt and Italian seasoning onto the skin. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast the casserole at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 30 minutes, then baste the chicken skin with the oil collected in the pan using a pastry brush. Return to bake for another 20 to 30 minutes, until the chicken skin is crispy and golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.