Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Rice Cooker Chicken Rice Recipe
Use half the amount of water you normally need to cook rice, as the juices from the chicken will drip down to the rice beneath as it cooks in the rice cooker.
- 600 grams chicken thighs (or half chicken) if frozen, thaw before use; chopped to smaller pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp home-made chicken oil optional
- 1/2 cup chicken stock half or 3/4 the amount you normally use to cook rice; adjust accordingly
- 2 pandan leaves optional; tied in a knot
- 5 cloves garlic peeled if you are eating it
- 3 slices ginger
- salt to taste, if needed
- coriander and spring onions
- sliced cucumbers and tomatoes
- In a wok, fry the rice with chicken oil for a few minutes until aromatic. Note: skip this step if you don’t have chicken oil.
- Add rice, chicken stock, pandan, garlic and ginger in the rice cooker. Top with chicken pieces. Cook the rice in the rice cooker. When the rice is cooked, season to taste with salt, if needed. Note: If your rice cooker cook within 30 minutes, let it keep warm for at least another 30-45 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop a bowl of chicken rice on plate. Place cooked chicken over the rice. Garnish with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, coriander and spring onions. Serve with ginger sauce and chilli sauce at the side.