Pickled Green Chilli
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Pickled Green Chilli Recipe
You may substitute local finger-length green chilli with any variety of green chilli in your area, such as jalapeno peppers.
- 5 finger length green chilli (about 85 grams) sliced thinly
- hot boiling water
(A) Vinegar solution
- 1/2 cup (white) rice vinegar
- 50 grams (or 3 level tbsp) sugar to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt
You also need:
- one x 200ml glass bottle
- Placed sliced chilli in a bowl, pour hot water over it and let stand for about 20 seconds. Drain the chillies, then add it to a glass bottle.
- In a saucepan, bring (A) to a simmer, until the sugar dissolves. Alternatively, add (A) to a microwave-safe bowl, microwave on MEDIUM for 2 minutes, then whisk to dissolve the sugar completely.
- When the vinegar solution has cooled, pour it into the glass bottle with the cut chillies. Store in a covered glass bottle and refrigerate. The pickled chilli will be ready as soon as they turn a lighter shade of green, about one to two hours, and can be stored in the fridge for weeks.
Noob Cook Tip
- If you don’t like to see too many seeds in your jar of pickled chilli, place the cut chillies in a colander and shake it energetically so that at least half of the seeds fall through the slotted holes in the colander.
- For best results, use authentic rice vinegar (main ingredients are water, wine and glutinous rice) rather than artificial/imitation vinegar.