Open-Faced Prawn Omelette
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Open-Face Prawn Omelette Recipe
To minimize a dried surface & unsightly bubbles on the omelette, use a lower heat when steaming the omelette and take care not to overcook the omelette.
- 6 medium tiger prawns de-shelled, de-veined & diced; approx. 75g after prep
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 dashes white pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp diced carrot use a veg. peeler to shave a few slices, stack them and diced
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions (green part)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander to garnish
You also need:
- a 28cm wok pan (or similar dimensions)
- Marinade diced prawns with sesame oil, salt and white pepper for at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Prepare egg mixture. Add eggs, carrot, spring onions & soy sauce to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Make the omelette. Heat oil in a wokpan. Add diced prawns and stir fry until they are just cooked. Spread them out on the wok and pour egg mixture over the prawns. When the egg is semi-set, lower heat to medium low, cover with lid and steam the egg until it is just set, about 2 minutes. Serve the omelette whole by sliding it onto a serving plate, or cut the omelette into bite-sized servings when it is cooled. Garnish with coriander.