Mango Overnight Oats
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Mango Overnight Oats Recipe
For best results, use over-ripe mangoes for mixing with the oats. They are sweet, easy to mash and there is probably no need to add any sweetener.
If using more chia seeds than stated stated in the recipe or instant oats instead of rolled oats, you may need to add more milk.
- 1 cup (150 grams) ripe mango flesh
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) rolled/old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened milk (soy or cow’s milk)
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or honey to taste; omit if eating low-carb
(A) Finishing Garnishes
- 1/2 cup cubed mango flesh
- 2 tbsp creamy coconut milk
- a small handful mixed nuts (such as almonds and walnuts)
- a small sprinkle of chia seeds
You Also Need:
- 1-2 mason jar with lid (or recycled cleaned jam or honey glass jar)
- potato masher or food processor/blender
- Mash the mango. Mash mango using a potato masher. Alternatively, pulse it for a few seconds with 1 tbsp milk in a food processor/blender.
- Make overnight oats. In a bowl, add prepared mango, oats, yogurt, chia seeds and milk. Stir through to distribute the mango colour evenly. Add maple syrup or honey, to taste, only if needed. Transfer contents to 1 large or two smaller glass jars, cover with lid and chill overnight (or at least 6 hours) in the fridge.
- To serve, top the mango oats with the ingredients at (A) in the order they are listed. Enjoy your healthy, nutritious breakfast.