Low Carb Bacon Spinach “Spaghetti” (Konjac Noodles)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Low Carb Bacon Spinach "Spaghetti" (Konjac Noodles)
The shirataki rice noodles used in this recipe can be substituted with any variant of shirataki noodles or low carb pasta.
- 1 pouch (net weight 200g) yellow shirataki rice noodles (aka konjac/Japanese yam noodles)
- 75g streaky bacon cut to short strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 bird’s eye aka chilli padi deseeded & sliced thinly; to taste or omit
- 10g unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp rich (tetra-pak) chicken stock use more if needed, 1 tbsp at a time
- light sprinkle of garlic salt (or normal salt) to taste
- generous handful of baby spinach
- freshly cracked black pepper
- parmesan cheese shavings
- small drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- wedge of lemon
- Prepare shirataki noodles by draining the noodles from the pouch of water. Add noodles and some water in a pot. Boil for 2 minutes. Strain the noodles. Fry the noodles in a non-oiled pan on medium heat until dry. Set aside on a plate.
- Make crispy bacon. Add bacon and olive oil to the pan. Cook the bacon until they are crisp and most of the fats rendered out. Set aside the bacon on a plate.
- Cook aromatics. Using the remaining oil in the pan, add garlic and chilli. Cook until the garlic is light golden brown, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Make the pasta. Return the prepared shirataki noodles and bacon to the pan. Add butter and chicken stock. Melt the butter and bind everything together, using more chicken stock one tablespoon at a time if too dry. Season the noodles with garlic salt.
- Add the baby spinach and let it wilt in the heat, mixing them into the noodles.
- Serve the pasta. Dish out the pasta onto a serving plate and crack fresh black pepper over it. Drizzle some evoo over the noodles. Garnish with parmesan cheese shavings and lemon wedge.