Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Lobster Spaghetti Recipe
Step 2 is optional, you can omit this step if you are busy.
Cut the lobster meat to large chunks, as they will shrink a little after cooking. You may also leave the whole lobster tail uncut if preferred.
- 3 lobster tail (about 100 grams each) if using frozen, thaw before use
- 4 button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 20 grams + 20 grams butter divided
- 5 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 4 shallots minced
- 2 servings of spaghetti (about 120 to 160 grams)
- 1 glass dry white wine optional; omit if you do not consume wine
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes (or 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley)
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Remove lobster meat from the shells, discard black veins along the back of the lobster if any. Cut the lobster meat into large chunks.
- (Optional Step). Place lobster shells in a small pot with 200 ml water. Simmer covered for about 15 minutes. Strain the stock and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet pan. Add garlic, shallots and chilli flakes. When the garlic turn light golden brown, add mushrooms and saute until cooked. Set aside on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil and 20 grams of butter to the same pan, followed by lobster meat, cherry tomatoes and white wine. Remove the lobster meat and set aside on a plate when cooked (about 3 to 5 minutes; do not overcook). Cook the cherry tomatoes for 5 to 8 minutes, or until each has slightly burst.
- While the lobster and tomatoes are cooking, bring a small pot of water to boil with 1 tbsp salt added. Cook spaghetti according to package instruction until al dente (firm with a bite; usually minus about 2-3 minutes from package recommended cooking time). Reserve a small cup of pasta water.
- Drain hot pasta and add directly to skillet pan. Return cooked mushrooms, lobster and remaining butter into the pan. Add parsley. Toss to coat evenly, adding lobster stock and pasta water to bind everything together. Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper. Divide into two serving plates and serve immediately.