Korean Eggplant Salad
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes Hot & Spicy Korean Banchan Recipes Korean Recipes Meatless Recipes Microwave Recipes Recipes
Korean Eggplant Salad Recipe
This dish can be served at room temperature or chilled. Tweak the seasonings to your preference (example, more or less spicy & salty). Leftovers can be chilled overnight and consumed by the next day.
- 200 grams eggplant
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tbsp gochugaru (Korean chilli powder) to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper powder for extra heat; to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt to taste; only if needed
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the eggplants using either the microwave, boiling or steaming method. View this tutorial for more details. Set aside.
- Season eggplants and serve. In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to coat evenly and season to taste. This side dish can be served immediately at room temperature or chilled.
Pages: 1 2
The long thin eggplants, purple or white, are my absolute favourite. Seriously, I need at least triple portions :-) Too delicious to just one small bowl.
So, what did you eat this with? :p looks very appetizing with the Korean seasoning spices.