Korean Eggplant Salad
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes Hot & Spicy Korean Banchan Recipes Korean Recipes Meatless Recipes Microwave Recipes Recipes
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Korean Eggplant Salad Recipe
This dish can be served at room temperature or chilled. Tweak the seasonings to your preference (example, more or less spicy & salty). Leftovers can be chilled overnight and consumed by the next day.
- 200 grams eggplant
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 tbsp gochugaru (Korean chilli powder) to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper powder for extra heat; to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- salt to taste; only if needed
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the eggplants using either the microwave, boiling or steaming method. View this tutorial for more details. Set aside.
- Season eggplants and serve. In a large bowl, add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to coat evenly and season to taste. This side dish can be served immediately at room temperature or chilled.