Hong Kong Style Instant Noodles
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Hong Kong Style Instant Noodles Recipe
The ingredients started in this recipe is for one person. Prepare more ingredients accordingly to make more bowls of noodles.
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oil
- 3 slices luncheon meat (spam) or 1 slice of diagonally-halved picnic ham
- one packet of Nissin’s 出前一丁 see cooking note below
- 500 ml water
- 1 stalk baby shanghai green or baby bok choy halved vertically
- chopped spring onions
You also need:
- a non-stick pan
- a personal-sized ramen pot (if you are cooking and eating it straight from the pot)
- Cook sunny-side up egg(s). Grease a non-stick pan with oil and heat it to medium. Crack an egg into a small bowl and carefully pour the egg into the pan. Try to position the yolk in the middle surrounded by the egg white. After about two minutes, loosen the edges a bit, and let the egg cook for a few more minutes until the yolk is about half cooked. Set aside on a plate.
- Pan fry the meat. In the same pan, pan fry the luncheon meat or ham until lightly seared on both sides. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook noodles and serve. In a small pot, add 500ml of water and bring to a boil. Add instant noodles and soup powder. When the noodles are almost done, add the greens and cook for about 15 seconds. Drizzle the sachet of sesame oil over the noodles. Serve the noodles straight from the pot or dish out to a serving bowl. Garnish with the fried sunny side up egg, luncheon meat/ham & chopped spring onions.
- Although this dish is frequently made with Nissin’s 出前一丁 or Doll Brand noodles (not widely available in SG), you may substitute with any favourite brand of instant noodles.
- You can precook the noodles and discard the “waxy” boiling water if preferred.
- You can also substitute the luncheon meat or ham in this recipe with canned 肉丁, and any available greens.