10-Minute Heirloom Tomato Salad
10-Minute Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe
For best results, buy heirloom tomatoes in different colours so that this salad looks colourful & cheery.
This makes a great side dish for sharing on the dining table, or a low-carb light meal for one.
- 250g heirloom tomatoes cut to bite-sized pieces; see cooking note
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 basil leaves thinly shredded (or 1 tbsp basil sprouts/micro greens)
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
Add all the ingredients except feta cheese in a bowl. Mix well. Plate the salad, garnish with feta cheese and serve.
- As heirloom tomatoes come in different shapes and sizes, adjust the number of cuts for each tomato accordingly.
- You can substitute basil with any micro greens. I happened to use basil sprouts on this particular day, because I bought a new pot of supermarket basil that came with many baby sprouts.
- You can substitute your favourite tomatoes (any variety) for the heirloom tomatoes.