Green Tea Overnight Oats
Green Tea (Matcha) Overnight Oats
The green tea oats keeps well in a covered glass jug in the fridge for up to a week, making it ideal for meal prep.
Experiment with different toppings (such as kiwi and berries) to come up with different flavours for the entire week.
- 1 green tea bag
- 1/2 cup (100 ml) hot boiling water
- 1-2 tbsp Greek or plain yoghurt optional; for topping
- 1/2 cup cubed mango or any fave fruits for topping
- small handful of pistachio or any fave nuts for topping
(A) Green Tea Oats
- 1 level tsp green tea (matcha) powder
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) rolled/old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (65 grams) Greek or plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup (75 ml) unsweetened milk (soy or cow’s milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey to taste; omit if eating low-carb
You Also Need:
- 1-2 mason jars with lid (or recycled cleaned jam or honey glass jar)
- Brew green tea. Place tea bag in a glass with 100ml hot water. Let it cool to room temperature and discard the tea bag.
- Make green tea oats. In a glass jug, combine (A) and brewed green tea. Stir to mix well or cover with lid and shake vigorously, until the matcha green is well distributed. Chill in the fridge over night (or at least 6 hours).
- To serve, top the green tea oats with yoghurt, mango and pistachio. Enjoy your healthy, nutritious breakfast.
Pages: 1 2
So yummy! Love the add of green tea here.
Your matcha can dissolve so well! I have tried once or twice (the lazy way) dissolving matcha in boiling/hot water but it clumps up. I know I am supposed to whisk it the traditional way but oh…well….
I dissolve mine in the cold milk & yoghurt without whisking, just stir with that green stirrer in the last pic. Not sure if the brand of the matcha powder matters, but I uploaded a pic of the one I am using. Maybe you can try a different brand next time…
May I know where u get the matcha
Hi you can get it from the Japanese section of the bigger NTUC outlets, most Cold Storage outlets and Japanese supermarkets (such as J-Mart, Meidi-Ya, Isetan Scotts basement, Sakuraya).