Golden Fried Rice
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Golden Fried Rice Recipe
You can substitute the roast pork (siu yuk) in this recipe with other protein such as chicken, tofu or prawn.
For best results when cooking fried rice, use cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight (or minimum 2 hours). Refrigerating the rice keeps the grains dry so that they won’t stick to each other during stir frying.
- 300 grams cooked white or brown rice*
- 4-6 egg yolks (add one by one as required)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams roast pork 烧肉 (home-made or store-bought) diced
- 4 shallots sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 50 grams diced carrot and/or corn nibblets
- 1 tbsp chicken or mushroom seasoning powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt to taste
- chopped spring onions to garnish
* approximately cooked from 1 cup raw (short or long grain) rice
- Coat the rice with egg yolk. In a bowl of cooked rice, add egg yolks one by one, stirring and coating the rice grains in it. You will need 4-6 eggs depending on the size of the egg yolks.
- Saute aromatics. In a wok pan, heat oil and melt butter. Saute shallots and garlic until the shallots start to soften. Add roast pork and stir-fry until everything is fragrant.
- Cook the fried rice. Add egg-coated rice, carrot, corn, chicken seasoning powder and garlic salt. Stir-fry until the egg is cooked. Season to taste with more salt only if needed. Garnish with spring onions to serve.