Fish Maw & Pork Ball Collagen Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Fish Maw Collagen Soup Recipe
As a short-cut, I bought pure chicken collagen stock from The Soup Spoon and pork balls from Don Don Donki. You can substitute with any soup stock and meat balls. Threadfin fish maw is used as it cooks quickly, compared to other varieties of fish maw.
- 50g threadfin fish maw
- 1 litre pure chicken collagen stock (or any soup stock)
- 200g pork (or chicken) balls
- 1 tbsp wolfberries soaked in water until puffy, drained
- coral lettuce leaves (生菜)
- chopped spring onions to garnish
- Prepare fish maw. Place fish maw in a large bowl or wok. Pour boiling water over the fish maw. Soak until softened, about 20 minutes. When the fish maw is cooled, squeeze out excess water and cut to uniform, bite-sized pieces.
- Make the soup. Add chicken collagen stock to a large soup pot. Bring to a boil. Add prepared fish maw and pork balls. Cover with lid and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish maw is cooked. Turn off the stove and stir in the wolfberries immediately.
- To serve, ladle the soup to serving bowls. Garnish with lettuce leaves and spring onions.