Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Eggless Tiramisu Recipe
Traditionally, tiramisu contains raw eggs in the batter and this recipe went without them, hence “eggless”. For a truly 100% eggless recipe (for those who are allergic to eggs), substitute ladyfingers biscuits (savoiardi) with eggless sponge cake, as ladyfinger biscuits contain eggs.
- 200g (24) Italian ladyfingers biscuits (savoiardi) [NOTE: substitute with eggless sponge cake, if allergic to eggs]
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
(A) Cream mixture
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp kahlua
- 2 tbsp thickened cream (or whipping cream; whipped until stiff peaks appear)
(B) Coffee solution for dipping ladyfingers biscuits
- 4 tbsp espresso coffee (you can also use brewed instant coffee or canned coffee)
- 2 tbsp of coffee liquor such as kahlua
- any berries (I’m using strawberries here)
- fine sieve (for dusting cocoa powder)
- shallow food container with lid (I am using a 13×13 cm Lock & Lock container)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix (A) except cream with a spatula until well combined. Then fold in the cream until the mixture is of a creamy consistency.
- Add (B) in a wide and shallow dish. Dip one lady fingers biscuit (halfway lengthwise and quickly to prevent it from becoming soggy) in the coffee solution.
- Arranged dipped lady fingers biscuit within container box to form one layer of the cake. Spread a layer of cream mixture you prepared earlier over the biscuits with the back of your spoon.
- Dust a thin layer of cocoa powder using a fine sieve.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to form a second layer of cake. Cover with lid and chill the cake for a few hours until set. Slice and serve with fresh berries.
Noob Cook Tip
- You can find the mascarpone cheese and lady fingers biscuits at Cold Storage (Singapore)
- If you have leftover ingredients, you can serve the tiramisu in a ramekin or martini glass.