Steamed Drunken Prawns
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Steamed Drunken Prawns Recipe
You may substitute live prawns with non-live ones (skips steps 1 and 2 if so).
- 10 live prawns (shrimps)
- 3 tbsp Shaoxing wine divided
- a handful of wolfberries
- 3 thick spring onion stalks (the bottom white part)
- 3 to 5 slices of ginger
- spring onions (cut to wispy thin strips) and coriander to serve
- Place prawns in a deep vessel with lid (I use my 4.2l slow cooker pot).
- Drizzle 2 tbsp Shaoxing wine over prawns and close the lid for about 10 minutes (until the prawns stopped jumping).
- Trim the feelers off the prawns, arrange them in a single layer on a deep steaming plate. Pour the Shaoxing wine over.
- Place spring onions stalks, ginger and wolfberries on top. Drizzle one more tbsp Shaoxing wine over the ingredients.
- Steam until the prawns turn completely red (this takes only a few minutes – do not over cook). Garnish with spring onions strips and coriander.