Coca-Cola Chicken Wings
Coca-Cola Chicken Wings Recipe
In this classic Chinese recipe, Coke is used as the base of the simmering sauce, and it helps to tenderise and cameralise the chicken. The result is delicious, finger-licking good chicken wings with a sweet & sticky glaze.
- 8 (about 320grams) mid joint chicken wings
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 200 ml regular Coca-Cola (not diet or flavoured Coke)
- 200 ml water
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and bruised
- Marinade the chicken wings in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or saucepan and brown chicken on both sides.
- Add Coca-Cola, water, garlic and leftover marinade sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced to a thick & sticky syrup, turning once halfway.
Pages: 1 2
Too dilute when I use 200ml of water plus 200ml of coke, simmer for 30mins still look like chicken soup.