Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Eggs Popular Recipes Recipes Singapore & Malaysia Recipes
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Cincalok Omelette Recipe
Different brands of cincalok (chinchalok/cencaluk) come in varying degrees of saltiness, so do adjust the amount used to taste accordingly.
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 1 finger-length red chilli deseeded; sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 level tbsp cincalok to taste; may substitute with Filipino “Bagoong Alamang”
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
Serving and garnishing suggestions
- 1 lime halved
- sambal belacan
- Combine eggs and (A) in a small bowl; mix well.
- Heat oil in wide saucepan. Fry onions and chilli on a gentle flame until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Use a spatula to distribute the onions evenly in the saucepan. Give the egg mixture a few quick whisks with a fork and pour it over the onions. Gently tilt the saucepan to ensure all the onions are well coated in the egg. Cook a few minutes on one side until slightly browned, then flip to the other side and do the same.
- Use spatula to break the omelette to smaller pieces. Serve with lime, coriander and a spoonful of sambal belacan at the side.
Recipe adapted from The Little Teochew: Nonya Cincalok Omelette