Mum’s Chinese Pork Chops
Chinese Pork Chops Recipe
If you are buying pork chops from the wet market, you can ask the seller to slice them for you.
- 400 grams pork loin or pork chops cut to 1 cm thick slices (about 10-14 slices)
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup bread crumbs see cooking note below
- vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Tenderise pork chops by pounding with the flat blade of the knife/chopper.
- Marinade pork chops in soy sauce & oyster sauce for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, coat the marinated pork chops evenly in two egg whites.
- Coat each pork chop (both sides) in a plate of bread crumbs.
- Heat a wok with 1 tbsp oil. Shallow fry pork slices, in batches, until golden on both sides, adding more oil to the pan whenever needed. Drain excess oil from the pork chops in paper towels before serving.
Noob Cook Tip
We bought bread crumbs from Four Leaves bakery.