Chinese Baby Spinach Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chinese Baby Spinach Soup Recipe
In this recipe, mushroom stock is used, making this dish meatless. You can substitute mushroom stock with chicken stock, vegetable stock, plain water with simple seasonings (such as soy sauce or salt), or any clear Chinese soup you are making that day.
- 1 bag (about 200 grams) Chinese baby spinach (小苋菜)
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 150 ml mushroom stock# use more stock if you like it very soupy
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
# Make instant mushroom stock by dissolving 1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder in 150ml hot water
- Prep spinach. Separate the spinach leaves from the stems. Using kitchen scissors, snip the stems into shorter lengths. Wash and spin dry the spinach in a salad spinner.
- Stir-fry the spinach. Heat oil in wok and stir-fry garlic until they just turn light golden. Add spinach stems and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Then add the leaves and stir-fry until they start to wither.
- Simmer and serve. Add mushroom stock, cover wok with lid and simmer contents for 2 minutes. Season to taste and serve.