Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Chinese Soups Recipes Soups
Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup Recipe
This Chinese-style chicken soup is rich in collagen – great for hair, skin, nails and staying youthful.
- 400 grams (or about 30) chicken feet
- 1 whole chicken bone about 200-300 grams
- 100 grams raw peanuts
- 8 pitted red dates
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- 2.5 litres water
- salt to taste
- Prep chicken feet by peeling away the outer yellow skin, if any. Chop off and discard the tips of the claws (nails).
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch chicken feet and chicken bones for about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In a soup pot, add blanched chicken feet, chicken bone, peanuts, red dates, garlic and 2.5 l water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer (with a slight ventilation opening on the lid) for about 2 hours. Season to taste with salt.
Pages: 1 2
I can never get the peanuts to be soft. After soaking in boiling water for 1.5 hours, and simmering for 1 hour with lotus root before putting in the pork ribs, it is still crunchy. Very frustrating considering the amount of gas that goes in to the pot.
Have you tried the slow cooker?
It is really nice to know about this kind of soup thank you very helpful article.