Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup
Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup Recipe
This Chinese-style chicken soup is rich in collagen – great for hair, skin, nails and staying youthful.
- 400 grams (or about 30) chicken feet
- 1 whole chicken bone about 200-300 grams
- 100 grams raw peanuts
- 8 pitted red dates
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- 2.5 litres water
- salt to taste
- Prep chicken feet by peeling away the outer yellow skin, if any. Chop off and discard the tips of the claws (nails).
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch chicken feet and chicken bones for about 5 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- In a soup pot, add blanched chicken feet, chicken bone, peanuts, red dates, garlic and 2.5 l water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer (with a slight ventilation opening on the lid) for about 2 hours. Season to taste with salt.