Cheesy Bacon Egg Toast
Cheesy Bacon Egg Toast Recipe
I am using a small frying pan for one toast for my solo brunch. If you like to make 2-3 toasts at one go, you can use a bigger frying pan. You can also use the a toaster oven or air fryer to toast the egg. For making more toasts at a go, use an oven instead.
In place of sourdough bread, you can also use sandwich bread, sliced baguette or artisan bread (as long as the bread is large enough to hold an egg).
Check out the step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- one thick & large slice of sourdough bread
- spreadable butter
- handful (about 20g) shredded cheese (I use pizza topping cheese)
- half slice streaky bacon cut to short strips
- 1 small egg
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- dried parsley flakes & freshly cracked black pepper to garnish
- Prepare the toast. Spread one side of the sliced bread with butter. Scatter a layer of shredded cheese, then crack an egg onto the middle of the bread. Garnish with bacon strips.
- Make the toast. Place bread buttered side up in a greased pan. Cover with lid and cook on low heat (so that the base of the bread will not burn) until the egg white is set and the egg yolk is cooked to desired doneness, about 10 minutes. Open the lid occasionally to check the status of the egg. Garnish with basil, parsley and black pepper.
To get runny yolk, turn off the stove when the egg white is almost set. Continue to keep the lid in for another 2-3 minutes until the egg white is set. In this way, the yolk is likely to be runny.
Cheese and bacon for the win! This looks so yummy.
Your toast need to feed another savory palate here :D
The issue I have with sourdough bread like this or just the standard baguette is: it tends to get hard and dry the following day(s) ; unless splash some water to re-introduce some moisture or something when re-toasting/warming in the oven. But since you did it over the stove, the “steam” would have solve the problem.
Given a choice, I prefer that thick toast you used in omelet-in-a-hole earlier, to make this egg toast