Tofu with Minced Meat
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Tofu with Minced Meat Recipe
You can add mushrooms (such as hon shimeji, sliced button mushrooms) or prawns (shells & veins removed) at step 4 for a more complete meal.
- 50 grams minced pork or chicken
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp taucheo/salted soya beans (aka dou jiang, 豆酱)
- 1 tsp dried fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry & mashed slightly with a fork
- 2 chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste
- cornstarch slurry mix 1/2 tbsp cornstarch with 1 tbsp water
- 150 grams firm Chinese tofu cubed
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- a few dashes white pepper powder
(B) Seasonings (mix well in a small cup)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Marinade minced meat with (A) for about 10 minutes.
- Stir-fry aromatics. Heat oil in wok and add the garlic, taucheo, fermented black beans and chilli. Stir-fry for 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Add the marinated meat to the wok and stir fry until no longer pink, breaking the meat up to smaller bits using the spatula or turner.
- Add seasonings (B). Bring to a boil. Gently add beancurd cubes and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes, taking care not to break the tofu cubes.
- To serve, thicken with cornstarch solution and garnish with chopped spring onions.