Black Bean Sauce Chicken
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Black Bean Sauce Chicken Recipe
Use skinless and boneless chicken fillet (breast or thigh) for this recipe.
- 200g boneless chicken fillets cut to bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper de-seeded and cut to bite-sized wedges
- 1/2 green bell pepper de-seeded and cut to bite-sized wedges
- corn starch solution 1/2 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp dried fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry & mashed slightly with a fork
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 3 slices ginger finely chopped
- 2 chilli padi thinly sliced; to taste
(C) Sauce (mix well in a small bowl)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp hot bean sauce/”la dou ban jiang” (辣豆瓣酱) optional
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Combine chicken with marinade (A) for at least 15 minutes.
- In a wok, heat oil and stir fry bell pepper wedges until cooked, about 2 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Using the remaining oil in the wok, stir fry aromatics (B) about 30 seconds.
- Add marinated chicken and stir fry until the surface is cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add sauce (C), mix well, cover the lid and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution. Return and stir in cooked bell peppers to coat evenly in the sauce.