Chilli Bean Paste Eggplant
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Meatless Recipes Popular Recipes Recipes Salads & Vegetables
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Bean Paste Eggplant Recipe
- 200 grams eggplants cut to 5 cm sections, then cut to smaller “logs”
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red finger length chilli de-seeded & diced
- 1-2 chilli padi (optional; for the heat) partially de-seeded
- 1 tbsp chilli soy bean paste (spicy “taucheo”/辣豆瓣醬)
- 3/4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1/4 cup water
- Pre-cook the eggplants using either the microwave, boiling or steaming method. View this tutorial for the instructions. Set aside.
- Cook the dish. Heat oil in wok. Add garlic and chilli; stir fry briefly until aromatic. Add sauce ingredients (A) and cooked eggplants. Stir-fry briefly to coat the eggplants thoroughly in the sauce, cover with lid and simmer down for 1 minute. Serve with steamed rice.