Baked Lobster Tail
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Baked Lobster Tail Recipe
Even though this recipe is for baking, you can also grill or broil with excellent results.
- 2 lobster tails
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15 grams butter cubed
- freshly cracked black pepper
(A) Butter mixture
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder to taste; or 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 20 grams butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley to taste; 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- lemon wedges
- cherry tomatoes
- Butterfly lobster tails by using sharp kitchen scissors to cut the top back of lobster lengthwise, stopping at the tail fan. Take out the lobster meat and piggy back on its shell. Check out step by step photos.
- Coat lobster meat inside out with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mash (A) with a fork until combined. Spread butter mixture over the top of the lobster meat.
- Place lobster tails in a foil-lined baking tin. Scatter the remaining butter near the lobster.
- Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for about 15 minutes, or until the lobsters are cooked.
- To serve, plate each lobster tail on a plate. Spoon juices over the lobster. Serve with lemon, cherry tomatoes and parsley.