Avocado Milk Recipe
This recipe uses evaporated milk and gula melaka (palm sugar) syrup for better creaminess and taste. Check out the ingredients substitution options at the end of the recipe.
- 1 ripe avocado pitted & skinned
- 100ml cold evaporated milk (or any milk)
- 100ml cold pure coconut water (or water)
- 1 tsp gula melaka syrup (or any sweetener e.g. honey) to taste; omit for low-carb
Process everything in a blender until well combined and creamy. Serve immediately.
Notes on ingredients substitution:
- Evaporated milk provides a creamier consistency and a richer flavour. You can substitute it with any milk variety.
- Coconut water adds natural sweetness and nutrients. It can be substituted with plain water.
- Gula melaka syrup is also known as palm sugar syrup. It adds a deep smokey depth to the drink. This is a popular sweetener in avocado drinks in Southeast Asia. You can substitute this with any sweetener – such as honey, agave/maple syrup or sugar.