Air Fryer Crispy Prosciutto
Air Fryer Crispy Prosciutto (Parma Ham) Recipe
I’m using an air fryer with a 20cm inner crisper plate. Do adjust the slices of prosciutto per level according to the size of your air fryer.
Check out the detailed step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 2-4 prosciutto slices per rack
You Also Need:
- fitting bbq mini wire mesh or shallow steam rack (to weigh down the prosciutto)
- a mid level steam rack (if you want to make a second layer)
- Air-fry. Place prosciutto (Parma ham) slices one layer on the air fryer crisper plate. Use a fitting bbq wire mesh or a shallow steam rack to weigh down the prosciutto. You can use a mid-level steam rack to make a second layer of prosciutto slices, weighing it down again with a mesh or shallow rack. Air fry at 180°C (356°F) (without preheating) for 5 minutes. Pull out the air fryer pan immediately (to avoid the prosciutto from burning). Work in batches, reducing the next batch by 2 minutes as the air fryer is already hot.
- Storage. Cool the crispy prosciutto on tempura paper to drain the excess oil, then store them in an air-tight food container where they keep well for more than 2 weeks. Eat the crispy prosciutto on their own as snacks, or crumble them to smaller pieces to be sprinkled over salads, soups & pasta.
- My air fryer (a Ninja MAX XL) has a 20 cm round crisper plate. It can sit 2 slices of prosciutto spread out, or 3-4 slices partially folded.
- Should you make a third level of prosciutto, it is highly recommended to take out the third level prosciutto 2 minutes early, as they are very near to the heating coils directly overhead. You can add on more time if needed, but you can’t risk burning them.
- If you are sprinkling the crispy prosciutto over soups, make your soup slightly less salty as the prosciutto will add saltiness to the soup.
Pages: 1 2
Air Fryer is an amazing gadget and everyone should get one! Those meatball skewers are looking really good.
Hahaha, we are so alike! Recently to increase the “capacity” of my 大同电锅 so that I can stack two small plates inside (pot is small, so a big place cannot fit), I actually use disposable chopsticks make and use them like a “rack”/spacer in between the two small plates. Hahaha.
Btw, hope you are still staying well. Can you still enter supermarkets housed inside shopping malls or not? To shop for food and/or cooking ingredients, groceries?
I’m already vaccinated, life is difficult to go on otherwise :p