Air Fryer Crispy Prosciutto
Air Fryer Crispy Prosciutto (Parma Ham) Recipe
I’m using an air fryer with a 20cm inner crisper plate. Do adjust the slices of prosciutto per level according to the size of your air fryer.
- 2-4 prosciutto slices per rack
You Also Need:
- fitting bbq mini wire mesh or shallow steam rack (to weigh down the prosciutto)
- a mid level steam rack (if you want to make a second layer)
- Air-fry. Place prosciutto (Parma ham) slices one layer on the air fryer crisper plate. Use a fitting bbq wire mesh or a shallow steam rack to weigh down the prosciutto. You can use a mid-level steam rack to make a second layer of prosciutto slices, weighing it down again with a mesh or shallow rack. Air fry at 180°C (356°F) (without preheating) for 5 minutes. Pull out the air fryer pan immediately (to avoid the prosciutto from burning). Work in batches, reducing the next batch by 2 minutes as the air fryer is already hot.
- Storage. Cool the crispy prosciutto on tempura paper to drain the excess oil, then store them in an air-tight food container where they keep well for more than 2 weeks. Eat the crispy prosciutto on their own as snacks, or crumble them to smaller pieces to be sprinkled over salads, soups & pasta.
- My air fryer (a Ninja MAX XL) has a 20 cm round crisper plate. It can sit 2 slices of prosciutto spread out, or 3-4 slices partially folded.
- Should you make a third level of prosciutto, it is highly recommended to take out the third level prosciutto 2 minutes early, as they are very near to the heating coils directly overhead. You can add on more time if needed, but you can’t risk burning them.
- If you are sprinkling the crispy prosciutto over soups, make your soup slightly less salty as the prosciutto will add saltiness to the soup.