5-ingredient Pork Porridge
5-ingredient Pork Porridge Recipe
As an alternative to cooking the porridge on the stove top in step 2, you can cook it in a rice cooker with porridge cooking feature. Transfer the cooked porridge from the rice cooker to the stove in step 3.
If using brown rice instead of white rice, increase simmering time by 10-15 minutes.
- 3/4 cup (160g) long grain rice
- 4 cups water add more whenever needed
- 250g minced pork (or chicken)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
(A) Marinade for Pork
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 4 dashes white pepper powder
- chopped spring onions
- fried shallot oil
- Marinade the pork with (A) for at least half hour in the fridge.
- Cook porridge. Wash rice grains 2-3 times, each time using your hand to give the water a few swirls and then discard the rice water. Drain and add washed rice in a large pot with 4 cups water. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until the desired consistency is reached. Check out this tutorial for more detailed instructions.
- Make pork porridge. Keep the pot of porridge simmering. Using two spoons, flatten one spoonful of marinated pork before adding them to the porridge. Do so until all the pork is used up. Simmer until the pork is cooked, about 2 minutes. Season the porridge to taste with soy sauce. To serve, garnish with spring onions and fried shallot oil.