Sweet Corn Pork Ribs Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sweet Corn Pork Ribs Soup Recipe
This recipe covers two methods of cooking this soup: simmering over the stove-top and using a crock pot slow cooker.
Pork ribs can be substituted with chicken: use half to one chicken or 6 drumsticks with 1 chicken bone.
- 1200 ml water
- 500 grams pork spare ribs
- 2 sweet corn on the cob husked and chopped into chunks
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion optional; roughly chopped
- 4 cloves old garlic cloves optional; don’t peel or mash them
- salt to taste
Blanch pork ribs in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Add blanched pork and all the ingredients except salt into a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for another 40-50 minutes. Season to taste with salt. Optional: Keep warm in a thermal pot for at least 2 hours before serving.
Use 900ml hot boiling water instead of 1200ml as specified in the recipe.
- In a crock-pot slow cooker, add blanched pork and all the ingredients except salt. Cook at “High” for 2-3 hours (starting from the time when the soup starts bubbling), then set to simmer at “Low” until ready to serve. Top up with a small amount of boiling water occasionally only if needed (when the soup in the pot is reduced). Season to taste with salt.