Stir-fry Vegetables (Yasai Itame)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Vegetables (Yasai Itame) Recipe
Feel free to substitute the vegetables in this dish with seasonal ingredients such as capsicum, baby corn or garlic chives. You can also substitute the pork with beef, chicken, seafood, sausage or tofu. Leftovers can be refrigerated in microwaveable containers for meal prep.
- 50g shabu shabu sliced pork cut to 2-cm length
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 2 thinly sliced ginger finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 onion cut to thin wedges
- 300g cabbage leaves cut to 2 cm (2 inch) pieces
- 5 thinly sliced carrot sliced to matchsticks
- 15 snow peas ends snapped & strings pulled
- a handful of bean sprouts
- a splash of water as needed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sake
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger juice
- a dash of white pepper powder
(B) Sauce (mix well)
- 2 tbsp chicken stock (or water)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Marinade pork with (A) for 5 minutes, or longer in the fridge.
- Fry the pork. Heat 1 tsp oil in wok. Add ginger & garlic and fry briefly until fragrant. Add marinaded pork and stir fry until opaque. Set aside on the plate.
- Cook cabbage & veggies. Add remaining oil and onion to the pan. When the onion start to soften, add cabbage and sauce (B). Stir fry until the cabbage starts to soften, then add carrot, snow peas and bean sprouts. Mix well, add a splash of water, cover with lid and steam for 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt only if needed.
- Finish up cooking. Return the cooked pork back to the pan. Drizzle sesame oil and stir fry everything briskly until the flavours are well combined.