Stir-fry Cucumber, Mince & Prawns
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Cucumber, Mince & Prawns Recipe
This is a savoury dish which goes well with a bowl of warm steamed rice.
- 75 grams minced pork (chicken)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp fermented black beans rinsed, patted dry on paper towel & mashed with fork
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste
- 10 small prawns (shrimps) peeled & de-veined; thaw if using frozen
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly & diagonally
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- Marinade minced pork or chicken in (A) for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook and serve. Heat oil in wok. Saute fermented black beans, garlic and chilli for about 30 seconds until aromatic. Add marinaded pork; stir-fry until no longer pink. Add prawns and when they are cooked, add cucumber and Chinese wine. Stir fry everything on high heat for another minute and serve with steamed rice.