Stir-fry Bean Sprouts & Tricolor Peppers
Stir-fry Beansprouts & Tricolor Peppers Recipe
In this stir-fry recipe, I use a salt & pepper seasoning blend purchased from Daiso. You can use any brand of your favourite salt & pepper blend. You can also substitute it to taste with regular salt & pepper, mushroom seasoning powder or light soy sauce/fish sauce.
You can use mini bell peppers to make it easier to incorporate more different colours of peppers in your cooking.
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 200g bean sprouts (mung bean sprouts) rinsed & drained in colander
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper blend see cooking note below
- 1-2 tbsp chicken stock (or water)
- 1/4 bell pepper in red, green & orange/yellow
- a few drops pure sesame oil optional
- Cook garlic. Heat oil in wokpan. Add garlic and stir fry briskly until aromatic, about less than a minute.
- Add bean sprouts, oyster sauce, salt & pepper blend and chicken stock (or water). Stir fry until the bean sprouts start to soften.
- Add cut bell peppers and stir fry to mix the contents well. Cover with lid to allow bean sprouts to steam for a minute.
- Finish up & serve. Season to taste (if needed). Drizzle the dish with a few drops of pure sesame oil for added aroma.