Stir-fry Asparagus & Ham
Filed Under: Chinese Recipes Recipes Stir Frying
Stir-fry Asparagus & Ham Recipe
In this recipe, thin asparagus are used. If using thick asparagus, check out this detailed tutorial on how to prep asparagus prior to adding to the wok, so that their inherent woody texture is eliminated. Very thick asparagus may also benefit by blanching them in boiling water for 1 minute, before adding to the wok.
- 400 grams thin asparagus
- 100 grams sliced ham diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp water add more if needed
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- Prep asparagus. Trim and discard the bottom ends (about 5 cm or 2 inches) of the asparagus. Optional: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the outer skin on the bottom half of each remaining stalk, to remove the woody texture. Slice prepped asparagus to uniform shorter lengths.
- Cook garlic and ham. Heat oil in a wokpan. Add garlic and diced ham. Stir fry until the garlic is aromatic and some parts of the ham are browned.
- Cook asparagus and serve. Add prepped asparagus and seasonings (A). Stir fry everything quickly until the asparagus are cooked.
Pages: 1 2
Very yummy! I need to double the portion :-)
Indeed, such a homely dish! Thinking of porridge when I imagine the flavors of this dish ;p