Sichuan Vegetable with Pork
Filed Under: 5 or Less Ingredients Meal Prep Mum's Recipes Pork Recipes Recipes Stir Frying Under 30 Minutes
Sichuan Vegetables with Pork Belly Recipe
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days , making this dish ideal for meal prep.
- 1 x 400g packet of shredded Sichuan (szechuan) vegetable (四川菜/榨菜)
- 200g pork belly (“sam cham bak”, 3-layered pork, 3层肉) preferably with more fat on
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chilli padi sliced thinly; adjust or omit to taste
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce to taste
- coriander to garnish
- Cut pork belly to thin shreds. Slice the pork belly thinly, then cut each slice to thin shreds.
- Cook and serve. Heat wok and stir fry the shredded pork belly until the wok is well-greased. Add a bit more oil if needed and stir fry garlic and ginger for a few seconds. Add Sichuan veg and dark soy sauce. Stir fry for a few short minutes until the pork is thoroughly cooked and the dish is fragrant. Season to taste and garnish with coriander. Serve this with either rice or porridge.
Pages: 1 2
For some reason or other I have to look at your blog before dinnertime and on days where I have nothing in the fridge or on my dinner table. Here I am looking at the salted veg and thinking “Oh my God!” Quick pass the napkin! Drooling like hungry dog!
This is a dish I eat when I was young too. Feel so nostalgic when i see this pic.
I would imagine that this would work just as well with Berkshire pork. Looks very tasty, as do the rest of your recipes.
Can I have one bowl of porridge with the spicy sichuan veg with pork? With that sichuan veg dish, I can drink porridge like anything!
hey EtG, thanks for visiting my blog :)
girls: Thanks for your nice comments, u girls are all better cooks than me, lol
I love this dish too, but prefer the vegetarian version of it where you replace pork with bean curd strips…so good. My aunt used to cook this a lot when I was growing up. Yummy, such a nostalgic dish, I need to make it. :)
Rasa:: I think your version sounds really nice… I totally love bean curd strips. I will probably try that out very soon :)
Even though I like Sichuan preserved veggies, sometimes they can be a little too “ripe”. I’m thinking some bitter gourd and black bean sauce would go well with the plain rice porridge.
Yummy. Sichuan vegetables go so well with pork. This dish is so comforting: now, I only wish my mother made rice porridge. ;)
It’s a comfort food for me too. Thanks for sharing. I used to cook this quite often, with either minced pork or lean meat.