Sichuan Vegetable with Mince
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Sichuan Vegetable with Mince Pork Recipe
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days , making this dish ideal for meal prep.
Different brands of shredded Sichuan veg vary in saltiness, so adjust or even omit the soaking time accordingly.
- 150g minced pork (or chicken)
- 1 x 400g packet of shredded Sichuan (szechuan) vegetable (四川菜/榨菜)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- water enough to cover the shredded veg in a bowl
- 1-2 chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste
- coriander to garnish
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 dashes white pepper powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- Marinade mince meat with seasonings (A) for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Prep sichuan veg. Empty packet of shredded sichuan vegetable in a large bowl and add enough water to cover the veg. Soak for 10 minutes. Drain the Sichuan veg in a sieve and set aside.
- Cook and serve. Heat oil in a large wok. Add garlic and stir fry for a few seconds until aromatic. Add marinated pork and stir-fry until no longer opaque, while breaking up the pork to smaller pieces using the spatula. Add prepared Sichuan veg and sliced chilli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Garnish with coriander and serve with porridge or rice.