Sheet Pan Cajun Shrimp
Sheet Pan Cajun Shrimp Recipe
This recipe will fill a compact sheet pan (half the size of a standard oven tray), ideal for cooking for 1-2 person(s). If you are cooking for more, use a standard tray & double up the ingredients accordingly.
The sheet pan is placed at the upper rack (where the oven is hottest) to reduce the roasting time. If you place it in the middle rack or you have a different oven configuration, do adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- 12 medium (41/50) shrimps (prawns) peeled & deveined, tail-on (approx. 100g after prep)
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp olive oil divided
- half small red onion sliced to thin wedges
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10g unsalted butter cubed
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley to garnish; optional
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon wedge to garnish; optional
(A) Homemade Cajun mixture
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder for extra heat; to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- salt to taste
- Season shrimps. Prepare Cajun mix by combining (A) in a small bowl. Mix well. Coat shrimps with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and the Cajun mix.
- Coat red onions & cherry tomatoes with the remaining olive oil.
- Prepare sheet pan. Spread out the prepared shrimps, red onion, cherry tomato and lemon slices one layer in a baking sheet pan. Scatter butter cubes evenly over the contents.
- Roast at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 8-12 minutes at upper rack. Garnish with parsley, black pepper and lemon wedge.