Salmon en Papillote (Salmon in Paper Parcel)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Salmon en Papillote Recipe
If you prefer to keep the skin on, de-scale the fish first and place it skin side down on the parchment paper.
Feel free to add more ingredients (e.g. zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers) or herbs (e.g. dill or thyme) before baking the parcel.
- 1 piece salmon fillet (about 200 grams) skinned, de-boned and patted dry
- 6 lemon slices
- 8 cherry tomatoes scrutched gently or crushed slightly with a fork (but still whole)
- 10 grams butter cut to small pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil, spring onions or any herbs at hand for garnishing
You also need
- a piece of parchment paper measuring 30 x 20 cm
- Lay parchment paper on a work surface. Arrange 3 slices of lemon on one half of parchment paper, place fish on top of lemon. Arrange remaining lemon over the top of fish. Arrange cherry tomatoes alongside the fish. Scatter butter and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the parchment paper over the salmon. Seal the parcel by folding in lengthwise, then followed by the two sides.
- Baked at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 20 minutes. When opening the parcel, be careful of hot steam coming out from it. Garnish with basil or spring onions.