Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Pineapple Tarts Recipe
Refer to page one of this recipe for detailed step-by-step photos.
- 125 grams butter cut to small cubes and chilled in fridge
- flour to dust work surface
- 420 grams of pineapple tart jam
(A) Dry Ingredients
- 200 grams unbleached, plain or all-purpose flour
- 20 grams corn flour
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
(B) Egg, water, sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp cold water add 1/2 tbsp at a time to get the correct consistency
- 40 grams icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp water
- pineapple tart mould (cookie cutter)
- large bowl
- cling wrap
- rolling pin
- pastry brush
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- Sift (A) to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Rub cold butter into the flour with fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add (B). Gently knead to a soft dough (do not over knead).
- Divide dough to 4 small portions. Wrap each portion in cling film, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm it up.
- Meanwhile, weigh and shape the pineapple jam to 6 gram balls.
- After 30 minutes of chilling, take out one portion of dough, at a time, from the fridge.
- Dust work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll the dough to 7 mm thickness.
- Dust the mould with flour before cutting out the tart shells. Brush tart shells with egg wash.
- Space tart shell 1 cm apart on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the tart shells at 180°C (356°F) middle rack for 10 minutes.
- After baking, place a ball of pineapple jam on the cavity of each tart shell.
- Return tart shells back to oven to continue baking for 5 minutes until golden.
- When the pineapple tarts are cooled, store them in an air-tight container.